Practice Policy Update regarding COVID-19
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: updated March 27th
To our Valued Patients,
Pure Dermatology is committed to providing the highest standard of healthcare, and in light of the COVID-19, ths commitment has further evolved to ensure that we are implementing all resources possible to help stop the spread of this current pandemic. Your health and well-being is our primary concern and we want to do our part to make sure that you are protected.
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- The office closed for all procedures and in-person visits from March 16th until March 30th.
- The office will provide select urgent follow-ups during the month of April.
- We are offering Virtual Consultations for all patients who are interested in either converting their existing appointments or want to make a new consultation.
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
As you may be aware, Pure Dermatology setup Screening tables at the main entrance of our office two weeks ago, prior to it becoming mainstream. Since then, Hoag has also set up Screening Tables at the main entry doors of our Building.
We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not sit back until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure to all patients and employees.
As we monitor the surrounding COVID-19 (CoronaVirus) news closely, we would like to take the opportunity to assure you that we at Pure Dermatology take the safety and health of our patients and employees seriously.
We are using this opportunity to announce new Policy measures we have implemented:
- If you have a Mohs surgery appointment for skin cancer you will get a call from our surgical coordinator Sonia to confirm your appointment date and time for April.
- If you have a surgical excision appointment scheduled for April, you will get a call from our surgical coordinator Sonia for select appointment times during the month of April and May.
- If you had a PDT appointment scheduled we are asking you to reschedule your appointment until May. You will receive a call from our office to reschedule your appointment.
- Pure Dermatology now offers easy Phone consultations via FaceTime, which is healthcare from the comfort of your own home. This includes Cosmetic Consults, Hair Transplant consults, Rx Refills, and more.
- Patients can access our webpage by visiting our website at www.nedamehrmd.com to find out more information or, call our office at (949)706-1469. Booking is easy and covered under most insurance carriers.
- We are limiting our in-office visits to select medical patients between the hours of 9am-1pm throughout the month of April.
- All patients will be asked a series of questions prior to entering the Hoag building:
- Have you traveled outside the United States in the past 2 weeks
- Are you experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, runny nose, or any other flu-like symptoms
- Patients with a temperature 99 degrees or higher will be asked to reschedule. Those who clear the screening will be asked to wear a surgical mask, as well as gloves (provided at check-in) through-out entire appointment.
Pure Dermatology safety and sanitation practicing has always been our first priority.
As we take this one day at a time, we will continue to monitor the recommendation of the CDC and perform the appropriate guidelines. For up to date information to keep you and your family safe, you may follow us @drnedamehr on instagram, where we will be posting daily safety videos and tips.
Thank You for being a valued patient and continue to be safe.
Dr. Neda Mehr, MD
Medical Director, Pure Dermatology